Sunday, November 21, 2010

Full Steam Ahead

I've been reading a lot of posts on other people's blogs similar to the one I myself am about to post.. It seems it's been a long time since I updated my blog and it's about time I got back into posting on this thing.. hence, "full steam ahead."

For those interested in my personal personal life and not my rants on mores and values - I recently was looking at all of my credits I have at school on my transcript and realized "hot damn! I have have damn near 70 credit hours at school!" Apparently this was from my flip/flopping around on my major. So with all these extra credit hours I have now it seems I am going to be able to graduate in May 2011 with a double major.. [drum roll, please] English & Literature / Social Work.. Both associates, but they go well with my broader goal of getting into a relief effort of some sort.

I looked into joining up with the Red Cross and found that many of their entry level positions center around degrees in Public Relations. SO! When I transfer to Memphis in the fall next year I will be pursuing a Bachelors in Public Relations.

Other than that, I'll say shortly.. I'm disappointed with America and the way they voted in the mid term elections, but I can't say I would've been much happier with blue. I would like to see red & blue removed from ballots, that way people have to read a little about who they are voting for before they hit the polls... and I think legislation should be an optional piece of the ballot.. I'm scared to think of the countless illiterate punching options on ballots and having no idea what they are voting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment